Module 1: Start Building Your Ministry Tool Kit
A ministry tool kit is a collection of helpful counseling resources such as books, audio lessons, video teachings, courses, and handouts. It is the ministry tool kit, or set of resources, that you will "reach" into when you want to give your clients homework and take-aways at the end of your sessions. For example, you may want to ask a client to read certain chapters in a book and write a summary of what they learned or complete an audio lesson on a topic that came up in a session. Assigning homework and take-aways at the end of each session is a great way for your clients to continue their learning and healing between sessions. This is why it is important to have, and continue to grow, a ministry tool kit. Additionally, having handouts available as visual aids to screenshare with clients during sessions can enhance your clients' Zoom experience. Start creating your own ministry tool kit today by "filling" it with the must-have baseline resources and materials recommended in this module.
To complete this module:
To complete this module:
- Purchase the books and course below.
- Create a folder labeled Ministry Tool Kit (I recommend creating this folder on Dropbox).
- Download the below handouts and save them in the above-mentioned folder.
- You do not need to read the books or complete the course below at this time. You will be reading all of these books, materials, and completing the course as you progress through the training. Therefore, all you need to do to complete this module is purchase the items listed below and download the handouts into your Ministry Tool Kit folder.
Please order a copy of each book listed below. Note, some of these books are available through Audible app if you would also like to listen to the book:
- Better Boundaries: Owning and Treasuring Your Life, By Jan Black & Greg Enns
- The Rules of Engagement for Overcoming Your Past, By Cindy Trimm
- Love & Respect, By Emerson Eggerichs
- Marriage on the Rock, By Jimmy Evans
- Exposing the Rejection Mindset, By Mark Dejesus
- God Loves Me and I Love Myself, By Mark Dejesus
- Addiction to Love, by Susan Peabody
- I Will Not Fear, by Mark Dejesus
- It's Not Okay Anymore, Your Personal Guide to Ending Abuse, By Greg Enns
- Telling Yourself the Truth, By William Backus and Marie Chapian
- Telling Each Other the Truth, By William Backus
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change, By Stephen R. Covey
- Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation, by Stephen Arterburn
- Every Woman's Battle: Discovering God's Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment, by Shannon Ethridge
Handouts & Other Information
Download the following handouts and information into your Ministry Tool Kit folder. I recommend creating a folder on Dropbox to save these in. These handouts are for you to use as visual aids during a client session or to email to clients after a session, as you think is appropriate. Feel free to make changes to any of these handouts.